How to make Spaghetti Squash in 5 easy steps!

Spaghetti Squash is now my substitute for any pasta I crave! This dish is so delicious and refreshing - I don't get that bloated feeling as I would from loading up on traditional pasta! Spaghetti Squash is only 40 calories and 8 grams of carbs per cup versus traditional pasta that has 200 calories and 40 grams of carbs per cup! This is the only way I have cooked spaghetti squash so far, but this dish is so tasty I can't wait to try to bake with it! 

Here's a simple way to make your dish:

1. Slice the spaghetti squash into two even halves and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the middle is easy to poke with a fork. (I've heard that you can also microwave for 5-10 minutes until soft - but I haven't tried this method)

 2. Remove the seeds. I took a fork and raked through the middle until i pulled most of the seeds out. 

 3. Using a fork loosen the 'spaghetti' strands from the inside of the squash - into a medium sized bowl 
4. place into skillet and saute with your favorite ingredients - Here's what I added (not pictured)

My Recipe:
I added this to my pan and cooked for 5 minutes before adding the spaghetti squash:
1/2 lb cooked chicken
2-3 chopped mushrooms
1 chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1-2 diced roma tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped spinach
3 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon Oregano

 5. Add to plate and top with your favorite spaghetti sauce and fresh mozzerella!
*special thanks to Dashing Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment